~2 be, or not, y not?!~

Welcome to the life & times of a natural-haired black chick forced to contend with society's evil dimensions on a daily basis. Get ready for a deep, compelling, enlightening, & sometimes wild journey into the depths of my mind. Open your mind & think free~

Monday, June 28, 2010

my 1st shea blend!

I just finished blending my 1st batch of whipped shea butter!

my bf suggested that we warm/melt the shea butter a little bit 1st

i used:

~unrefined shea butter (chunky)
~vegetable glycerin
~hemp oil
~aloe vera gel
~orange oil
~tea tree oil
~burdock oil
~grapeseed oil
~lemon oil
~rosemary oil
~coconut oil
~avocado/vitamin E oil

um...this was my 1st time using a hand-mixer. lol it was a learning experience, to say the least. anywho, when we whipped the mix to our satisfaction, we spooned it from the bowl into three 4oz. containers. he put his in the fridge & i opted to let mine sit undisturbed on the kitchen counter for a few days or however long its gonna take for it to 'set'. i'm sooooo excited! i've absolutely LOVED the other whipped shea blends that i've tried so far from other ppl. i've been putting this off for a while & finally broke down & bought a mixer & sum shea butter today. i already had everything else i needed. next time i'll probably cut down on the amount of oils i use, maybe not. cant wait to tell yall how it works for me!~

& sorry, no pics. lol next time we'll make sure to take sum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please respect my own & each reader of my blog's opinions & personal beliefs. This will not be a place of conflict, but is meant to enlighten & raise questions & awareness~